the 2013 Sloan Sports Analytics Conferenc

Wszytko dla poczatkujących

the 2013 Sloan Sports Analytics Conferenc

Postautor: lw789 » 08 sie 2018, 7:01

WINNIPEG - There has been no sophomore slump for Ryan Strome.The New York Islanders second-year forward enjoyed a career-high four-point game with a goal and three assists in the Islanders 5-2 win over the Winnipeg Jets on Wednesday.His linemate, centre Frans Nielsen, also shone with a pair of goals and one assist.I just wanted to fit in, said the 21-year-old Strome, whos played all 37 games this season, matching the number he played all last year with the Islanders.At the beginning, I had some trouble finding my spot in training camp. And the coaches kind of threw me a bone and I thought I played well enough to stick around and Im just trying to take the ball and run with it.Linemate Anders Lee also netted a goal and added an assist and Josh Bailey scored an empty-netter for New York (25-11-1), which is 6-1-1 in its last eight games.Its not every night you get four points, Strome said. Obviously, I dont like to judge the game based on the points, but its definitely good to contribute.Obviously, I think our line had a pretty good game and pretty solid in the (defensive) zone. Its always good to help out.Captain Andrew Ladd scored twice for Winnipeg (19-12-7).It was the first back-to-back loss for the Jets since late November. They lost 3-2 to Minnesota on Monday.You dont want to become complacent, Ladd said. For me, it stings and you still have a tough feeling in this room, but at the same time were in the mix of a pretty big battle here to keep going and find a way to get points.Come to the rink with a lower bottom lip thats hanging down isnt going to help so weve got to come back with some energy in practise and really just focus on trying to get better that day.Islanders goalie Jaroslav Halak made 21 saves for the win. Ondrej Pavelec, who started for the first time since rookie Michael Hutchinson got the call in net for the previous three games, stopped 28 shots.Strome scored his seventh goal of the season midway through the first period off a weird bounce in traffic around the net.After the puck went high in the air to the right of Pavelec, Jets defenceman Adam Pardy tried to bat it away and it dropped to the ice and hit Lee and Strome before going into the net at 10:04.Ryans a skill guy, but a lot of skill guys dont perform well in the NHL, Islanders head coach Jack Capuano said of the teams fifth overall pick in the 2011 NHL draft. It takes a little bit of time because they dont want to play without the puck.Everyone can play with the puck. His game away from the puck has picked up. He had to get to the interior. He had to get to those tough, greasy areas if he wanted to perform, because a lot of his points in the American (Hockey) League (with Bridgeport) were outside.Nielsen made it 2-0 with a goal scored 16 seconds into a 30-second, two-man advantage late in the period.As Johnny Boychuk fired a one-timer toward the net, his stick broke and the puck went across to Nielsen at the right side of the net, whose high shot went in at 18:16.Ladd scored one second after a New York penalty expired off a Blake Wheeler pass from behind the net at 4:41. Wheeler extended his points streak to four games with two goals and three assists.Nielsen did the bulk of the work for his second goal of the game and eighth of the season following a Winnipeg turnover.After skating down the boards with the puck, Nielsen made a drop pass to Strome and then went across to the faceoff circle. Strome sent him the puck and he fired it by Pavelec at 15:27 for a 3-1 lead.Its a line that we put together recently, Capuano said. The last couple of games its been good for us.Ladd used a third-period man advantage to score his 14th goal of the season 47 seconds into the period off a pass from Mathieu Perreault to the slot.Bryan Little assisted on the goal to extend his points streak to five games with two goals and four assists.But it was Lees ninth goal of the season that made it 4-2 at 11:35 of the third that was a bit of a back-breaker, Perreault said.The 4-2 goal was hard on us. It was one of those plays, its kind of bang, bang around the players and then hit a skate or something, went up and goes into the net, he said. Tough bounces, it probably turned the game around right there.Bailey scored into the empty net at 19:28.The Jets continue their four-game homestand Saturday against Toronto.It was the first game of a seven-game road trip for the Islanders, who play in Calgary on Saturday. Custom Barcelona Jerseys . -- Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history. Paco Alcacer Barcelona Jersey . He also had some help Monday night.Hibbert scored a season-high 29 points to help Indiana beat the Utah Jazz 97-86 Monday night, ending the Pacers six-game losing streak. http://www.barcelonateampro.com/nelson- ... na-jersey/. Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games — mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month. Ivan Rakitic Barcelona Jersey . Team officials did not indicate the extent of the injury Saturday, simply listing Rose with "left knee soreness." Rose has played two preseason games without any sign of problems. The first NBA game in South America now will be missing its biggest star. Paco Alcacer Jersey . Every. Single. Game. Thats 1,230 in total to cover the regular season. The man is Corey Sznajder, a soft-spoken 23-year-old Salisbury University grad who lives in Annapolis, Maryland and has been charting zone entries and zone exits throughout the NHL. I love big projects, he said. No kidding. At the 2013 Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, I met Eric Tulsky, who presented research on the value of controlled zone entries (short answer: about twice as valuable to enter with control of the puck rather than dumping it in) and Sznajder had charted a couple hundred games that were included in that study. WINNIPEG -- Robert Marve knows that when you give Winnipeg Blue Bomber fans something to cheer about, you feel the love. Marve is one of three quarterbacks coach Mike OShea says are in the running to back up starter Drew Willy for the Bombers. He spent a scant few minutes on the field last Thursday at the end of a 24-22 loss to the Toronto Argonauts but didnt waste a second. He rushed for 17 yards and connected with three out of four passes, including one for a touchdown to rookie receiver Donavon Kemp. It game fans a reason to cheer, and they responded in person and on Twitter. "I did get some Bomber love," he said Thursday after practice. "That was nice. The fans are awesome and I appreciate all the support." Marve will get another chance to play Saturday when the Bombers visit the Calgary Stampeders in Calgary, but coach Mike OShea couldnt say how much. "Well see all four," he said. "Now how the times broken down, well see how it all plays out. But the plan right now is, as I said yesterday, to give Drew all the time he needs to feel comfortable and for the offence to get comfortable with him." Willy also didnt sound too concerned Thursday about how much time he will get as the team plays its last pre-season game before their CFL home opener against the Argonauts June 26. He had two seasons with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in a backup capacity and at least on Thursday was getting a lot more playing time in practice. OShea insists the role of backup in Winnipeg is still very much up for grabs. In terms of CFL experience, Max Hall would seem to have the inside track. HHe finished last season as the pivot the Bombers turned too most often as they struggled to find a way to win.dddddddddddd But they also brought in Marve and Brian Brohm to audition. At just 25, Marve is the youngest of the three. A high-school star in Florida, his college career was marred by three operations to repair three tears of the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Likely as a result, he was undrafted in the 2013 NFL Draft but attended the Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. He insists his knee feels better after this last operation than it has since it was first injured and he doesnt let the injury in any way dictate how hes going to play. "No, Im a loose cannon. I cant play holding anything back. And as you kind of saw on that one drive Im a pump up guy. I like to run around and make some things happen. "So I felt good in the game. My knee felt fine when I was running so Im ready to go physically." His last operation was about a year ago and he finished his college career at Purdue before having it. Among the cuts the Bombers announced Thursday was their No. 1 draft pick in 2012, offensive lineman Tyson Pencer. Although Pencer, who was taken third overall in that years CFL draft, has spent much of his time with the Bombers on an injured list, OShea said they have seen enough to know he was not going to make the team. They also released import defensive linemen Stafford Gatling and Louis Nzegwu, import offensive lineman Quentin Saulsberry and another draft pick, defensive back Kris Robertson, who they selected in the second round last year. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Wróć do [FAQ] Hoolsgame